In addition to creating and disseminating information about the university, the Office of Public Affairs and Government Relations provides resources and guidance for members of the Duke community, including a variety of services to help faculty, students and staff communicate effectively with their audiences.
These services include:
- working with the media
- writing op-ed articles
- being interviewed
- style guide with approved identity graphics and standards for print and online communications
- an editorial style and policy guide
- a network of Duke communications specialists by school and department
- vendor utilization guidelines
- a guide to drafting and editing printed materials for release
The senior staff of the Office of Public Affairs and Government Relations also provide strategic counsel on communications, media relations, marketing, government relations and other issues of importance to members of the Duke community.